HSBC Living Business Awards 2015
SME participants can enter for awards in any of three categories, including the Community Engagement Award, the Green Achievement Award and the Caring for People Award.
* Winners of the Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards in 2015 will be entitled to display the HSBC Living Business Awards 2015 logo for three years and will also have the opportunity to be featured in the programme's media publicity and promotional materials. Winners of the Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of Merit will be entitled to display the HSBC Living Business Awards 2015 logo for one year. In addition, Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards winners of the HSBC Living Business Awards 2015 will be offered a one-year membership of being an Affiliate Member of the Business Environment Council Limited (BEC). Details of the membership can be found in BEC's website (www.bec.org.hk).
* The "HSBC Living Business Long Term Participation Award" will be awarded to companies who have attained either Gold, Silver, Bronze Awards, Certificate of Excellence or Certificate of Merit for five consecutive years or above (2015 inclusive) to recognise their support and improving performances in corporate sustainability. Please refer to the part "Eligibility" for the rules of HSBC Living Business Awards.
HSBC Living Business Awards 2015
- Any SME that started business in Hong Kong no later than 1 January 2014 is eligible to participate in the HSBC Living Business Awards 2015.
- For the purpose of these awards, an 'SME' is defined as an enterprise with no more than 250 employees in Hong Kong.
- An 'employee' refers to a full-time employee who is working in Hong Kong.
- The Gold Award winners in any given year will NOT be given any cash prize awards in the same categories for the next three years. However, the Gold Award winners are most welcome to continue to participate..
- Eligibility review – All applications will be screened for their eligibility, according to their number of employees and date of incorporation.
- Initial assessment – All eligible applications will be requested to provide information on their CS performance by filling in a checklist.
- Detailed assessment – Short-listed SMEs will be requested to host a half-day visit, during which a detailed assessment will be carried out.
- Final round judging – Finalists will be invited to deliver a presentation to the judging panel.
The first three stages of assessment will be conducted by partners of the respective award categories:
- Community Engagement Award - The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS)
- Green Achievement Award - Business Environment Council Limited (BEC)
- Caring for People Award - Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management (HKIHRM)
The final round of judging will be conducted by independent panels of experts for the Community Engagement Award, Green Achievement Award and Caring for People Award, who will select winners in each award category. All decisions made by the judging panels will be final and binding.
|How to participate
Applicants can be self-nominated or nominated by a non-profit organisation / business / HSBC Living Business Ambassador. Please complete the application form overleaf and submit it to BEC on or before 8 July 2015. For enquiries, please call the Living Business Hotline at (852) 2784 3948 or email email@example.com.
Please refer to the HSBC Living Business website (www.hsbc.com.hk/livingbusiness) for more details about the HSBC Living Business Awards 2015 as well as other programme activities.
Applications are evaluated with due consideration to the nature and scale of their businesses and will be judged based on the following criteria according to the category(ies) they have entered:
Community Engagement Award
- Employment of the disadvantaged/unemployed
- Employ or offer job opportunities to the disadvantaged or unemployed
- Provide necessary facilities and arrangements for employees with special needs
- Employee volunteering and corporate giving
- Participate in voluntary services
- Encourage employees to participate in voluntary services
- Provide cash or in-kind donation/sponsorship to non-profit organisations
- Transfer of skills to non-profit organisations
- Share business expertise or skills with non-profit organisations
- Support employees to sit on advisory committees or boards of other organisations
- Partnership with non-profit organisations
- Co-organise community partnership projects with non-profit organisations
Green Achievement Award
- Overall environmental management approach
- Monitor environmental performance regularly
- Have environmental policy and environmental management system in place
- Environmental communication, training and awareness
- Communicate environmental policy and measures with employees regularly
- Organise environmental training and programmes
- Pollution control and reduction including waste, air, water and noise
- Have pollution reduction procedures/guidelines in place
- Implement pollution reduction programmes
- Resources conservation including energy, water and materials
- Have resource conservation procedures/guidelines in place
- Implement resource conservation programmes
Caring for People Award
- Internal communication
- Set up channels to promote open and transparent communication within the company
- Encourage knowledge sharing within the company
- Employee training and development
- Provide training to employees
- Encourage employee training and development, including offers of time-off and/or study leave and training subsidies
- Equal opportunities
- Provide equal opportunity for all in recruitment and promotions
- Have a formal equal opportunity policy in place
- Employee welfare
- Recognise employees with good performance
- Organise or subsidise employee recreational activities
- Work-life balance and family-friendly practices
- Implement a 5-day work week
- Implement family-friendly practices such as paternity leave and compassionate leave